Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where the Living Stops

I wait

and wait

and then I wait some more.

I wake up in the morning.

I do a mental check...

Yes, it's still there.

Wait a bit more brother.

It will fade away. 

You just got to wait a bit more


I'm waiting

To stop thinking

To stop feeling

The problem is

It's not fading away.

I don't know if it ever will. 


Every day feels like such an eternity.

Every hour feels like such a drag.

I wake up some mornings, and just wish the day will end already.

I float around during my consciousness, completely detached from people.

I laugh at jokes, but my heart is tired.

I have no energy.

No energy to be strong, fired up, angry, pissed off, inspired or anything at all.

I feel hollow. Nothing seems to move me.

No desire to laugh. No desire to cry.

I have no desire anymore.... for anything it seems.

It's the silence that kills.

The silence from your lips,

The silence from others,

The silence of loneliness

The silence in your own heart.


It's the emptiness that robs you of your smile.


The passion to live has somehow gone missing.

Some ask why I look so upset.

I say it's work, I say it's stress.

Convenient lies.

It's much easier for people to accept lines like that.

Because they often don't know what to say

When you tell them

That you used to be alive.

But now, you just exist.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'The Base' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP