Monday, December 21, 2009

Rainbows and Sunshine

I held her hand and felt her soft skin.

I reached for her waist and pulled her close.

I stroked her hair and held her tight.

The sweet smell of her body

The gentle moan of her voice.

The melodious sound of her words.

Her lips; sweet and delicious.

Her hair fell over her forehead in the most compelling way.

Her eyes light up every time she spoke of something.

Her voice had passion that belied her petite body.

She was like firebrand; always stirring, always struggling


She was like streams of water; ever changing, always adapting.

She was like a rainbow; a rare and fleeting beauty that could only be cherished and loved. But never owned.

Rainbows are beautiful. Rainbows happen when there is rain and sunlight present in the right time, in the right amount, and at the right angles. The most beautiful things in life are made from opposing elements. Things that are bitter sweet. Things that not just sweet only. But things that are a mixture of one element with another that is supposedly the opposite. Things that are supposedly not ever meant to be associated with each other. Like rain.. and sunshine..

And yet... look up at the sky my friend. Look at what a little rain and sunshine can create. A rainbow.
Lucky is the man who chances upon it and knows how to appreciate it.

Beautiful in the it's simplicity.

Amazing in its richness.

I'd put up with all the rain all the time if it meant I get to gaze at that rainbow again.

I'd eagerly wait for the sky to break and wait for the sun come through.

Because it's with that beautiful rainbow in mind that makes me smile when I say those words

"Good Morning Sunshine."



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'The Base' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP